At Northshore Community Church
HISTORY & CURRENT
Northshore Community Church located in Kirkland, Washington is a church with a longstanding commitment to spreading the gospel message to it's community, even though it's located in one of the most unchurched regions of the United States, on the Eastside of Seattle. Northshore is in an area that continues to grow in its diversity and has an opportunity to reach many more people for Christ as the community continues to develop.
Northshore Community Church was found in 1979 with about 140 people and under great leadership it has had continual growth, and today about 3,000 people call Northshore their home church. The recent addition of Pastor Scott Scruggs as their Senior Pastor has brought a season of rebuilding towards their vision of reaching the unchurched within their community. Northshore Community Church is known for their outreach involvement with their public schools and also known to be a very welcoming church to those who visit each weekend.
Northshore Community is committed to church planting and has successfully launched 9 churches within a 12 year span. They continue to embrace the concept that God has called them to support this type of multiplication so that more people can hear the message of hope in Christ. The weekend experience at Northshore Community Church includes contemporary worship, Biblically relevant teaching, and a welcoming environment for all ages. The church is elder lead and staff driven.
MISSION, VISION & VALUES
“Helping people find and follow Jesus”.
Northshore strives to make that impact for Jesus in 3 ways:
- Eternal Impact- We seek to spread the message of the Gospel to the lost, to baptize them in the name of Jesus, to worship Him with our whole lives, and to grow to be more like Jesus in every way possible.
- Relational Impact - We were made for community. We seek to build strong communities of friends, marriages, and families, where broken and hurting people can be known, loved, and supported.
- Local/Global Impact- We were made to make a difference. From the ends of the earth to across the street, we’ve been called to spread the love of Jesus throughout a broken world.
The Beliefs of Northshore Community Church can be found at https://northshore.church/about/our-beliefs/
Northshore Community Church is affiliated with Converge Worldwide, here is a link for more information about Converge: https://converge.org
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY APPROACH
Northshore Kids is the fun and engaging ministry for the kids at Northshore Community. It is where the church partners with families to raise up a generation of kids who are disciples of Christ. Recently the leadership team of Northshore invested nearly $200,000 in updates to the Kids Ministries area and there are still plans to invest a upgrade in the large elementary worship room with new sound, lights and visual aid equipment. The Children’s Pastor gives oversight to all of the ministries from birth through 5th grade. The ministry areas of Northshore Kids are:
Early Childhood - (Infant-Kindergarten)
In the Early Childhood Ministry, children will discover and explore who God is. In our baby room, volunteers pray scripture over the babies and their families. In our toddler rooms, children learn about God through interactive stories, fun songs, crafts and activities. Storytellers, worship songs, caring leadership, and intentional small-group activities help the kids learn more about God.
Elementary - (1st-5th)
In Northshore Kids Elementary Ministry, children learn to believe in God and what it means to be a Christ-follower. These important lessons are taught through a combination of video curriculum and live presentation, high-energy worship songs, and meaningful small-group discussion. They currently use “252 Kids” curriculum from ReThink Group in a large group/small group format. Volunteers are the key ingredient that make this environment fun. They work to create an unforgettable experience for kids.
Senior Pastor, Scott Scruggs
Pastor Scott is the Senior Pastor of Northshore Community Church. Scott joined the staff this past year and has already been able to guide the church into a productive season of refocusing around their vision. Scott was previously a teaching pastor at Menlo Church under the leadership of John Ortberg.
Scott loves to surf, play golf, travel, read, play music, watch movies, and spend quality time with friends and family. He and his wife, Nina, have a daughter, Nora, and an overly fluffy dog named Baylee. He graduated from Stanford University and studied theology at Regent College in Vancouver, BC. He has served in ministry leadership for over 20 years and calls Little Rock, Arkansas, his childhood home.
CHALLENGE & OPPORTUNITY
The new Children’s Pastor will be responsible for casting the vision to build an exciting and engaging ministry that is highly relational and consistent for the families that come on the weekend. This would include bringing more visibility to this ministry and all that it does for the entire church family.
Northshore is looking for someone who is experienced in building effective ministry teams, a leader who can draw out of the volunteers their gifts and maximize their use to serve with the Kids's Ministries area. This includes development of paid staff and volunteer teams through evaluation, realigning and training.
Children's Ministries should be fun and there is a need for the leader to be charismatic and engaging so that people are drawn to them and want to join the team. This leader will need to be able to welcome new families and engage in a process of building relationships and casting the vision of how impactful Children's Ministries is for the entire church. The influence of this role is critical to the growth of Children's Ministries in reaching more kids for Christ.
Northshore is seeking out a leader who has experience and knowledge of current trends of ministry within Children's Ministries. This ministry desires to be an engaging place for kids and to do that a leader must understand the communication methods that are effective within Children's Ministries today. The leader will be key in guiding the direction of what methods to use in the future to continue to be a fun and relevant experience for kids to learn how to worship and grow in their faith.
LOCATION & DEMOGRAPHICS
Northshore Community Church is located in Kirkland, Washington of King County. Kirkland's population is approximately 87,000, yet Kirkland is part of the greater Seattle metropolitan area, with a population of 3.8 million, making it the 14th largest metropolitan area in the US. While the region supports many businesses, it is known as a major technology center, home to many high-tech companies, mainly in the software and wireless industries.
Kirkland is an affluent community, although it includes people of all socio-economic status. 50% of the population is between the ages of 25 - 54, with a minority population of nearly 20%. Kirkland has many parks, areas of water for recreation, and a short distance from mountain ranges to explore. And, of course, Seattle is nearby with all of the attractions that a city provides. It's the perfect place for someone who enjoys nature and outdoor recreation. It also has highly rated public schools.
To learn more about the area you can visit: http://www.explorekirkland.com/
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Capabilities and Characteristics:
The Children’s Pastor is responsible for the oversight and development of staff and ministry initiatives for the Children’s Ministry areas of the church for children birth through 5th grade.
- Develop and implement a ministry vision and philosophy of Children’s Ministry.
- Establish annual goals with Children’s Ministry leaders that are consistent with overall church mission, vision and values.
- Lead each ministry through an evaluation process annually to ensure fulfillment of goals.
- Provide support in the development (recruiting, training and supervising) and nurturing of Children’s Ministry leadership.
- Oversee the selection of curriculum and other educational materials for all programs and activities.
- Provide administrative leadership for long-range planning, budgeting and calendar coordination.
- Meet regularly with the pastoral staff team.
- Committed to, and doctrinally aligned with, the Vision, Belief and Values of Northshore Community Church.
- Has a love for Christ, His Word and the Church and is a mature Christ follower who is growing in grace.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Creative, detail-oriented, flexible and decisive with the ability to organize, coordinate work, set priorities, create and maintain systems and motivate others.
- Able to manage and pace change to ensure sustainability.
- Demonstrates interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including strong listening skills.
- Gifts of leadership, administration, encouragement and teaching.
- Has demonstrated the ability to think strategically and is able to anticipate and initiate change.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, leading and developing volunteers and staff.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
- Prefer five years experience in a larger church setting.
- Able to design a strategic and engaging model of Children's Ministry, which fits Northshore Community's culture and vision.
- Is able to be both a team builder and a team player, demonstrating a passion for excellence.
- Proven to have effectively lead paid staff in their ministry roles.
- Energetic and charismatic leadership style
- Passionate about leading their own family in spiritual growth.
- Executive Pastor
- Total compensation is negotiable based on experience and education.
- Entire package may be proportioned to accommodate the needs of person
To find out more, please visit https://northshore.church/ to review core beliefs, vision and values and the many other ministries of the church.
If, after prayerfully
reviewing this information, you sense this role and church culture could be a
good fit for you, please email your current resume to Traci Tront at firstname.lastname@example.org